Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big News!!!


Hi everyone- I'm back!! Easter, curling, working- unfortunately I've been away from stamping from longer than I would have liked. But I'm back and hope to have quite a few projects to show you

I'm here to tell you some big news that Stampin' Up! released this week. Starting in July with the new catalogue there will be all new colour families including all new colours! There will be 4 families with 10 colours each- Brights, Subtles, Regals and Neutrals. Ten of the previous in colours (Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Riding Hood Red, River Rock, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango and Wild Wasabi) will be returning along with 5 all new colours (Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso).

There are 31 colours that will be retiring:
-Glorious Green
-Green Galore
-Gable Green
-Yo Yo Yellow
-Only Orange
-Pink Passion
-Pixie Pink
-Orchid Opulence
-Lovely Lilac
-Brilliant Blue
-Close to Cocoa
-Creamy Caramel
-Really Rust
-Ruby Red
-Cameo Coral
-Summer Sun
-Bordering Blue
-Brocade Blue
-Ballet Blue
-Taken with Teal
-Handsome Hunter
-Pale Plum
-Blush Blossom
-Apricot Appeal
-Barely Banana
-Mellow Moss
-Sage Shadow
-Almost Amethyst
-Lavender Lace
-Basic Brown
-Going Gray

I have to admit I rarely use most of the colours that are retiring- I hardly use the Bold Brights but I do really like Brilliant Blue and Lovely Lilac. The blues from Rich Regals other than Taken with Teal have never been my favorites. And other than Barely Banana I've hardly ever used the soft subtles. You will be seeing a lot of them over the past few months though because I'll have paper to use- I'm sure a lot of you will be doing the same thing! The colours I'll really miss will be the Earth Elements that are retiring- I really love Really Rust, Ruby Red and Summer Sun.

I'm excited to try the new colours- I know it's an expense but I'm planning to just buy a few at a time.

What do you think of the new colours? Please let me know in the comments section

No comments: