Sunday, November 29, 2009

321- Jolly Tree Card


I am trying to use up my holiday DSP from last year before I open up this year's pack. I love the finished product- it just screams Christmas! This layout is from the Mojo Monday challenge this week (MOJO114).

I didn't have any ruby red ribbon but riding hood red was very similar and I still had some of this taffeta ribbon left- I definitely think the colours went together well and it looked seamless.

I have been doing craft fairs recently and have learned that most people enjoy traditional holiday colours (I'm not one of them). That was the inspiration for this card and the next few that I will be posting- I'm trying to go back to basics.

On the image I added dazzling diamonds on the "snow" to add some shine and I lit up the balls on the tree with crystal effects.

Recipe:

Stamps: Jolliest Time of the Year

Paper: Holiday Treasures DSP, Whisper white. Old Olive

Ink: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: 1/4" riding hood red taffeta ribbon, dazzling diamonds, scallop edge punch, crystal effects

Click here to shop for these products online

No comments: