Monday, November 30, 2009

322- Ornament Gate Fold Card


This is a very simple card using the delightful decorations set, ornament punch and gate fold technique. It is a great card if you need to make a lot of Christmas cards because you can make it really fast and it's a fun fold.

This is a different gate fold than I have ever used- usually they are vertical cards but this time I made it a horizontal gate fold. I really like it- I will use this layout again soon I think.

When I was first designing this card I was actually going to use more paper to add 2 layers behind the ornaments but in the end I decided to keep it simple. It is actually harder for me to keep the card simple- I always want to add more. But I was inspired by so many of my friends who enjoy simpler cards and just left this alone. And I'm really happy I did- I think the finished product is nice and clean looking.

Recipe:

Stamps: Delightful Decorations

Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White, Holiday Treasures DSP

Ink: Old Olive, Ruby Red

Accessories: Ornament Punch

Click here to shop for these amazing products online

No comments: