Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Back!



Hi everyone- sorry that I haven't posted in a while. As a lot of you know I was off for a few weeks due to an accident but my physio told me that the best way to exercise my arm is to stamp so...I'm back!! I have been getting back into it this weekend so I hope to get back to posting everyday!

I did a craft sale yesterday and made quite a few projects. This a gift tag box that i made- quick and easy and a great hostess gift for the holidays.

The tags were made using punches and the Deer Friends set from last year- I know it's retired but I adore it. Making tags is a great way to use up retired scraps- I got to use up my Pacific Point with these. And you just use a brad punch and elastic cord to finish them off.

The boxes are soooo easy- you just need some paper and your scoring blade. Decide what size item you are putting in your box- aka gift tags or cards. Add 1/4" to make some rude and 1" for each side. You then cut two pieces that are the same size. Score the first piece at 1" on each side. Score the second at 7/8" so that it is a bit bigger- this is so the lid can fit on top. Decorate the lid then use sticky strip to assemble the box. Quick and easy!

Recipe:

Stamp sets: Deer Friends, A Holly Jolly Christmas (for the To/From on the back)

Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Pacific Point DSP

Ink: Pacific Point

Accessories: Brad punch, gold elastic cord, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop punch, sticky strip, dazzling diamonds

No comments: