Sunday, December 7, 2008

162- Wedding Invitation



I joined a wedding invitation swap and this is what I came up with. I wanted a simple color scheme- something nice and classic. I also wanted to use my new Grand Soiree set and also my Basic Grey Taffeta ribbon. I'm so happy with the ribbon- it's not as dark as the paper and has a faint silver sheen. When I was designing the layout for this card I knew I wanted it to be tied with a ribbon at the front and for there to be pockets inside for the different information you need to include. What I did was take a sheet of Whisper white and score it at 5" for the width and 3" for each side on the long side. I then cut out the bottom middle section so I would have to pieces at each side that I could fold up and secure with brads. This allowed two pockets on either side for inserts. I used the ribbon on the outside to cover the back of the brads

Recipe:

Stamp Set: Grand Soiree, Baroque wheel

Ink: Silver

Paper: Whisper White, Silver

Accessories: corner rounder, slot punch, Big Shot dies for the flowers, Basic Grey taffeta ribbon, silver brads, brad punch

No comments: