Saturday, February 20, 2010

347- Frosted Rose Window Card


These two challenges (TLC259 and CC257) allowed me to use products which I rarely use- vellum and Sage Shadow. That's why I adore these splitcoast challenges- it makes you go outside of your comfort zone and try new things

The frosted window technique is a fun idea. You stamp an image on both a piece of whisper white cardstock and on a piece of vellum with a dark ink. You then colour in the image on the whisper white but colour on the BACK of the vellum. You then line up the two images and attach them with dimensionals so there is some space between them. It gives you this frosted image which just looks really pretty.

I also used the circle scissors plus for the window. I have to admit I'm still not that adept with it but keep practising. I have removed the sponge feet off of it so it isn't so slippery but it still tends to move when I'm cutting out the image. I prefer my coluzzle but now that I have to keep at it because it has so much potential

I have been wanting to finish off a bow with a corduroy brad for a while- I've seen many people do it and just love how it looks.

Recipe:

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Florals, Fundamental Phrases

Paper: Sage Shadows, Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Vellum

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Sage Shadows

Accessories: 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" dusty durango grosgrain ribbon, chocolate chip corduroy buttons, brad punch, big shot, Manhattan Flower embossing flower, word window punch, modern label punch, circle scissors plus

No comments: