Sunday, July 5, 2009

264- Cheep 3D Card


In this month's Stampin Success there was an example of a 3D card that I knew I had to try. I thought this colour combination from the splitcoast colour challenge this week (CC225) would be great for this- and the little pop-up up birdies really look cute in the background here.

To make this card I had two pieces of cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"- one kraft for the front and one night of navy. I ran the piece of Kraft threw the big shot with a texturz plate to make it look more like bark.

I then scored each end of both pieces at 1/2" and 1". You adhere the last 1/2" ends together and the rest pops out. To place the birds I first punched out the circles then I used my stamp a ma jig to make sure they were in the right place. I then cut out the bodies of the birds and popped them up.

Recipe:

Stamps: Cheep talk

Paper: Kraft, night of navy, so saffron, whisper white, Walk in the Park DSP

Ink: Night of navy

Accessories: Big shot, texturz plate, 1 3/4" 1 3/8" 1 1/4" circle punches, brad punch, rich regals brads, small and large oval punches, 5/8" so saffron grosgrain ribbon, dazzling diamonds, corner rounder

No comments: