Tuesday, July 7, 2009

266- Faux Metal Christmas Bells Card


I've decided to start making one Christmas card a week so I'm not rushing at the end. I learned after getting sick last year that the more Christmas cards I have the better! Plus it's a great excuse to try new techniques with my Christmas stamps. I am going to try to post a new Christmas card every Tuesday to keep me on track.

I have been wanting to try the faux metal technique for a while- doesn't it look great? I did four layers of embossing before reheating it and pressing my stamp into the embossing. To attach the bells to the card I needed to use crystal effects because they were pretty heavy.

Recipe:

Stamps: Heritage Holidays

Paper: Gold, whisper white

Accessories: Gold embossing, scallop edge punch, big shot, texturz plate, 1 3/8" circle punch, crystal effects

No comments: