Monday, March 23, 2009

213- Easter Basket Card


This week's technique challenge was to make an Easter Basket but I really don't need one. I don't have any children to give treats to but I still wanted to do something with a basket. I don't have any Easter stamps so I used punches and scraps to assemble this.

I first used the Sanded background stamp over the so saffrom before I cut out the basket. To make the basket I cut out the third largest oval from the coluzzle for the handle and cut a piece of cardstock into a trapezoid for the base.

The initial idea for the background was to do a sunset using the baby wipe technique and a brayer. To do this you have to use reinkers and unfortunately I just didn't have the right colours to do it. I do like the way it turned out though because it is textured and bright.

The eggs were punches out from scraps of DSP- a great way to use up all those pieces that you accumulate. I then put crystal effects on top of them to make them look glazed.

Recipe:

Stamps: All holidays, Sanded

Paper: Glossy white, baha breeze, so saffron, kiwi kiss, DSP scraps

Ink: Baha breeze, so saffron, kiwi kiss, pink pirouette, riding hood red

Accessories: Brayer, reinkers, coluzzle, hemp twine, cropodile, photo corners punch, mat pack, tag and small tag punches, large and small oval punches, Crystal Effects

No comments: