Saturday, June 6, 2009

249- Scallop Dress Card

As soon as I saw this card I knew it was the perfect technique to do at my big shot class. I also got to use my hodgepodge hardware and make a great dress.

It was a great opportunity to try the Negative Effect with the background. My downline Sheila had tried this before with the same texturz plate and I definitely want to try to do it again. To do this you ink the entire texturz plate with the Pacific Point- make sure the ink is on thick and evenly. Carefully place your white cardstock (spritzed with water for a deeper impression) and put on texturz silicone rubber and texturz impressions pad on top. Make sure that it doesn't shift at all because you don't want to smudge the ink. Run it through your big shot and remove it carefully. I put it aside for a few minutes to make sure it is completely dry. In the end you'll get a background that is both dry embossed and looks like it has been clear embossed. With the damask background it just looks great.

Recipe:

Paper: Whisper white, pacific point DSP

Ink: Pacific point

Accessories: Big shot, scallop circle, silver hodgepodge hardware, 1/4" whisper white grosgrain ribbon, eyelet border punch, textur plate

No comments: