Wednesday, April 1, 2009

216- Top Note Picture Frame


I got this idea at my team's megameeting in January. Karen Kane demonstrated how to make these frames with chipboard and I knew right away that I wanted to do these in my big shot class. It's a great way of using up your retired DSP. Helpful hint- make sure to put the underside of the frame on top of the die because there will be imprints from the sides of the die that you don't want on the top

On the back I put a piece of chocolate chip paper that is the size of the frame. I put sticky strip along three sides but not the top. This allows you to put your picture in. I made this a stand up frame. I took a piece of cardboard and cut it to 2"x4", scored it at 1" along the long part and then used sticky strip on the top part to adhere to frame. I just used the piece of cardboard that packaged the big shot die.

Recipe:

Paper: Summer Picnic DSP, chocolate chip

Accessories: Big shot, top note die, flower layers die, build a brad, 1/2" circle punch, sticky strip

No comments: