Tuesday, April 14, 2009

225- Reflection Card


This card is another case from Michelle Zindorf. I am sure you will see many more- I am using the tutorials on her amazing website to practice my brayer and sponge skills. I made a few changes because I did not have the stamps that she used. All and all I am very happy with it but I still need a lot more practice with my brayer. A few quick things that I learned from this

1- Be careful with the sponge. I cut my Stampin' Up! sponge into 4 pices but it was still quite rounder and it made my reflection quite large. I would just use the cut edge next time to make sure it was smaller and more precise

2- I need more markers!! I used a blender pen and while it was helpful I was unable to get the crisp lines that she did

3- A white gel pen is one of the most useful tools when making these types of cards. She uses them all the time for highlighting and they are really effective

Recipe:

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Artfully Asian

Ink: Bashful blue, lovely lilac, garden green, old olive, kiwi kiss, close to cocoa, basic grey

Paper: Whisper white, old olive, bashful blue

Accessories: brayer, sponge, brads, brad punch, markers, blender pen

No comments: