Wednesday, April 29, 2009

230- Pop Can Card


I wanted to use different materials in my big shot class and wanted to play with some metals. When I was at Regionals Shannon from Stampin Up said that her inspiration was Diet Coke cans and this got me thinking. I have tons of Coke Zero cans- why not try something with those!? So I cut up some cans and used my sizzlits and made this card. I'm really happy with the end product and will definitely try this again.

I used the new Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper from the Occasions catalogue for the card and just love the colour combo. If you are interested in ordering this paper online please click here. Stampin' Up! is currently offering a promotion involving the Occasions catalogue- for every $50 that you spend on items in this catalogue you can choose one free product from pg. 208 in the Spring/Summer catalogue. How great is that?! You still have 3 days to take advantage of this offer- please let me know if you are interested

The shape of the card was inspired by a card in the new Stampin Success. Score your card at 5 1/2" and at 6 1/4" to do this fold. Fold the card at the the 5 1/2" mark and then open the card at the 6 1/2" score line. Seal the end using the eyelets and decorate with the ribbon. I love the finished product!

The aluminum goes through the big shot with no problems but your image may stick on the die. I HIGHLY recommend using tweezers when dealing with your cut-out- the aluminum can be sharp. When adhering the aluminum I used crystal effects because I wanted a tackier adhesive.

Recipe:

Paper: Basic Grey, Walk in the Park DSP, cameo coral, baha breeze

Accessories: Big shot, sizzlits join in the cheer strip die, birds and blooms, cropodile, 1/4" whisper white grosgrain ribbon, jumbo pewter eyelets, pop cans, crystal effects

No comments: