Saturday, September 26, 2009

299- Alligator Pop-Up Card



This is a fun birthday card that I made for a 6 year old boy's birthday. All of the alligators were clear embossed and they are supposed to be climbing on a mountain or on a boat- I'll wait to see how he interprets it.

When using the cake Pop-Up die I like to use DSP- it folds better and keeps the shape of die better. To make sure the alligators stayed on the cake I used sticky strip- I have a rule where I always use sticky strip when there is any movement on a card.

To make the alligator skin print on the card front you versamark the entire piece of cardstock and then put clear embossing on top. You then use your bone folder or another straightedge to draw lines horizontally and vertically. Once you use the heat tool you will get the alligator skin pattern. It's a really simple and incredibly effective technique

Recipe:

Stamps: Wild about you

Paper: Glorious green, tempting turquoise, chocolate chip, Hawaiian papaya DSP

Ink: Glorious green

Accessories: Clear embossing, big shot, cake pop-up die, scallop circle punch, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, ticket corner punch, sticky strip

Click here to go to my online store and shop for amazing Stampin' Up! products.

No comments: