Monday, May 18, 2009

238- Golden Retriever Card



I was up north this weekend and Julie and I got together to do some stamping. She definitely wanted to do some punch art so we thought dogs. I saw this card by Heather Summers and thought I would alter it a little to look like my dad's Golden Retriever Lola. So it is a mixture of a case and an inspiration card because look at that face- is she not just the cutest thing ever! I love that dog!

I also thought it was a great way to try the bandanna technique too because I needed a fun background. I used a piece of Bashful Blue DSP and traced out some of the spots on the paisley with my white gel pen. I love the final effect- we were never allowed to put bandannas on the dogs so I didn't want to put one around her neck but the pattern around her looks great.

Recipe:

Paper: Whisper white, so saffron, bashful blue DSP, basic black, real red

Ink: Basic black, white gel pen

Accessories: Corner rounder, 1/2" 1/4" circle punches, small oval punch, word window punch, so saffron 5/8" so saffron grosgrain ribbon

PS- three guesses who will be the focus of tomorrow's card...

No comments: