Sunday, August 23, 2009

285- Stained Glass Rose


It has been a while since I did a stained glass card and wanted to make one. I wanted to use very soft colours so the end products was very feminine.

I don't actually own a scallop oval die but it is really easy to scallop any punch out that you have. All you have to do is slide off the bottom case from the corner rounder. You can them go around the oval and punch out scallops- it takes a while but the end product is fantastic.



To do the stained glass image I first stamped the image on the acetate with stazon. I then rubbed ink from my ink pad on a piece of plastic then put some crystal effects on top. I mixed this with a paint brush then painted it on the image. Had I had reinkers for these dies the colour would have been much darker but this is a good alternative when you only have the ink spots.

Recipe:

Stamps: Embrace Life

Paper: Bashful blue, Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom

Ink: Stazon black, sage shadow, blush blossom

Accessories: Coluzzle, acetate, crystal effects, corner rounder, photo corners punch, big shot, texturz plate

Click here to purchase this beautiful stamp set and to shop for other great Stampin' Up! products at my online store

No comments: