Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday Shaker


This is a card that I made for Katrina's birthday- Happy Birthday!

I haven't had a shaker in months and thought this would be a great time to make one. I also wanted to use my new in colours and circle scissors plus.

To make a shaker I make the card base and the window separately. I cut the circles using the circle scissors plus and glued the acetate to the back. To make the card base I adhered the white cardstock with the image and put pieces of dimensionals all along the rim of the image. You have to make sure there are no spaces in between the pieces so nothing in the shaker will leak out. I use a teaspoon to put the chunky sprinkles and beads into the centre and then put the window on top. Make sure to run your finger along the entire circle before shaking so that the window is sealed.

Recipe:

Stamps: Crazy for cupcakes, party hearty, cupcake wheel

Paper: Rich razzleberry, melon mambo, bermuda bay, whisper white

Ink: Rich razzleberry, melon mambo, bermuda bay, soft suede, dusty durango, crushed curry, whisper white

Accessories: Circle scissors plus, white gel pen, dazzling diamonds, scallop edge punch, acetate, pretties kit, crystal effects, markers, chunky sprinkles, silver bead duo

To order this fantastic birthday set click here

No comments: